Education & Training
- Donovan JE. Adolescent alcohol initiation: A review of psychosocial risk factors. Journal of Adolescent Health 2004 Dec; 35(6): 529.e7-529.e18. Pubmed PMID: 15581536.
- Donovan JE, Molina BSG. Childrens introduction to alcohol use: Sips and tastes. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 2008 Jan; 32(1): 108-119. Pubmed PMID: 18070249.
- Donovan JE. Estimated blood alcohol concentrations for child and adolescent drinking and their implications for screening instruments. Pediatrics 2009 June; 123(6): e975-e981. Pubmed PMID: 19482748.
- Donovan JE, Molina BSG. Childhood risk factors for early-onset drinking. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 2011 September; 72(5): 741-751. Pubmed PMID: 21906502.
- Donovan JE, Molina BSG. Types of alcohol use experience from childhood through adolescence. Journal of Adolescent Health 2013 October; 53(4): 453-459. Pubmed PMID: 23763961.
Academic Promotion - John Donovan, PhD
Congratulations to Dr. John Donovan on his promotion to the rank of Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Donovan is a social psychologist and an expert on child, adolescent, and young adult problem behavior including alcohol and substance use and abuse. His work has advanced understanding of the interrelations among problem behaviors including problem drinking, marijuana...