Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ultrastructural analysis of parvalbumin synapses in human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex.Glausier JR, Roberts RC, Lewis DA.J Comp Neurol. 2017 Jun 15;525(9):2075-2089. doi: 10.1002/cne.24171. Epub 2017 Mar 26.
- Different Paths to Core Pathology: The Equifinal Model of the Schizophrenia Syndrome.Green IW, Glausier JR.Schizophr Bull. 2016 May;42(3):542-9. doi: 10.1093/schbul/sbv136. Epub 2015 Sep 20. Review.
- Reciprocal Alterations in Regulator of G Protein Signaling 4 and microRNA16 in Schizophrenia.Kimoto S, Glausier JR, Fish KN, Volk DW, Bazmi HH, Arion D, Datta D, Lewis DA.Schizophr Bull. 2016 Mar;42(2):396-405. doi: 10.1093/schbul/sbv139. Epub 2015 Sep 30.
- Lower glutamic acid decarboxylase 65-kDa isoform messenger RNA and protein levels in the prefrontal cortex in schizoaffective disorder but not schizophrenia.Glausier JR, Kimoto S, Fish KN, Lewis DA.Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Jan 15;77(2):167-76. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2014.05.010. Epub 2014 May 29.
- Altered parvalbumin basket cell inputs in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of schizophrenia subjects.Glausier JR, Fish KN, Lewis DA.Mol Psychiatry. 2014 Jan;19(1):30-6. doi: 10.1038/mp.2013.152. Epub 2013 Nov 12. Erratum in: Mol Psychiatry. 2014 Jan;19(1):140.
Department Faculty Selected for 2016 ACNP Travel Awards
Two members of the Department of Psychiatry have been selected for Travel Awards by the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). Jill Glausier, PhD is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and an active member of the Translational Neuroscience Program at the University of Pittsburgh. Her research interests include investigating excitatory signaling and oxidative phosphorylation alterations in schizophrenia....
Department of Psychiatry Investigators Selected for NARSAD Young Investigator Awards
Three Department of Psychiatry researchers have been awarded NARSAD Young Investigator Awards from the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation. Melynda Casement, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, will study the relationship between chronic inflammation and depression in young women with moderate to severe depressive symptoms. Research suggests that inflammation might contribute to depression by damaging brain...
Jill Glausier, PhD Joins Faculty
Jill Glausier, PhD Appointed Instructor of Psychiatry Dr. Glausier?s future research plans include investigating excitatory signaling and oxidative phosphorylation alterations in schizophrenia. This line of research will include laser capture microdissection and gene expression profiling in discrete cell types in postmortem human tissue and EM studies to evaluate the morphological correlates of the abnormal...
Glausier et al.
Altered Parvalbumin Basket Cell Inputs in the Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex of Schizophrenia Subjects Glausier JR, Fish KN, and Lewis DA Although psychosis is the most striking feature of schizophrenia, cognitive dysfunction is now recognized as a core feature of the illness. Indeed, cognitive ability in this patient population is the best predictor of employment, social integration, and even relapse. However,...