Henry W Chase, PhD
Education & Training
- A pathway linking reward circuitry, impulsive sensation-seeking and risky decision-making in young adults: identifying neural markers for new interventions. Chase HW, Fournier JC, Bertocci MA, Greenberg T, Aslam H, Stiffler R, Lockovich J, Graur S, Bebko G, Forbes EE, Phillips ML.Translational Psychiatry (2017) 7(4):e1096.
- Elucidating neural network functional connectivity abnormalities in bipolar disorder: toward a harmonized methodological approach. Chase HW, Phillips ML. Biological Psychiatry Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging (2016) 1(3):288-298.
- Dissociable patterns of abnormal frontal cortical activation during anticipation of an uncertain reward or loss in bipolar versus major depression. Chase HW, Nusslock R, Almeida JR, Forbes EE, LaBarbara EJ, Phillips ML. Bipolar Disorders (2013) 15(8):839-854.
- The neural basis of drug stimulus processing and craving: an activation likelihood estimation meta-analysis. Chase HW, Eickhoff SB, Laird AR, Hogarth L. Biological Psychiatry (2011) 70(8):785-93.
- Gambling severity predicts midbrain response to near-miss outcomes. Chase HW, Clark L. Journal of Neuroscience (2010) 30(18):6180-7.
Department of Psychiatry Researchers Study How Trauma-affected Connectivity During Reward Learning Predicts Anxiety & Depression in Young Adults
When children and adolescents experience trauma, they are at risk for depression and anxiety. One way that this can occur is through trauma-induced impairment of the ventral striatum, a key region of the brain associated with reward learning. Impaired reward processing is associated with depression and anxiety in adolescence and adulthood, and young people with depression experience abnormally low ventral striatum...
Hot Publication - Greenberg et al.
Moderation of the Relationship between Reward Expectancy and Prediction Error-Related Ventral Striatal Reactivity by Anhedonia in Unmedicated Major Depressive Disorder: Findings from the EMBARC Study Greenberg T, Chase HW, Almeida JR, Stiffler R, Zevallos CR, Aslam HA, Deckersbach T, Weyandt S, Cooper C, Toups M, Carmody T, Kurian B, Peltier S, Adams P, McInnis MG, Oquendo MA, McGrath PJ, Fava M, Weissman M, Parsey...
Hot Publication - Dombrovski et al.
Corticostriatothalamic Reward Prediction Error Signals and Executive Control in Late-Life Depression Dombrovski AY, Szanto K, Clark L, Aizenstein HJ, Chase HW, Reynolds CF and Siegle GJ Psychological Medicine, 2015, 45(7):1413-24 The vascular depression hypothesis posits that prefrontal disconnection by vascular lesions causes depression and executive dysfunction. In a study recently published in Psychological...
New Faculty - Henry Chase, PhD
Department Welcomes Henry Chase, PhD to Faculty The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce the appointment of Henry Chase, PhD as a Research Instructor in Psychiatry. Dr. Chase is conducting research in the area of major depression and bipolar disorder, specifically using neuropsychological and functional neuroimaging methods. He has been actively engaged in research in the Department's Mood and Brain...