Education & Training
- Goldschmidt, L., Richardson, G.A., Larkby, C., & Day, N.L. Early marijuana initiation: The link between prenatal marijuana exposure, early childhood behavior, and negative adult roles. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 2016; 58: 40-45.
- Sonon, K.E., Richardson. G.A., Cornelius, J.R., Kim, K.H., & Day, N.L. Developmental pathways from prenatal marijuana exposure to Cannabis Use Disorder in young adulthood. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 2016; 58: 46-52.
- Krans, E.E., Bogen, D., Richardson, G.A., Park, S.Y., Dunn, S.L., & Day, N.L. Factors associated with buprenorphine versus methadone use in pregnancy. Substance Abuse, 2016; 37: 550-57.
- Richardson, G.A., Goldschmidt, L., Larkby, C., & Day, N.L. Effects of prenatal cocaine exposure on adolescent development. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 2015; 49: 41-48.
- Richardson, G.A., Larkby, C., Goldschmidt, L., & Day, N.L. Adolescent initiation of drug use: Effects of prenatal cocaine exposure. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2013; 52: 37-46.
Gale A. Richardson, PhD Promoted to Tenured Professor by Pitt School of Medicine
Gale A. Richardson, PhD focuses her research on the developmental effects of prenatal substance use, specifically focusing on prenatal cocaine exposure (PCE) and its long-term effects on offspring. She began this work more than 25 years ago with R29 and R01 funding from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and has continued to follow the study’s diverse cohort of women, whose offspring are now in their mid...
Hot Publication - Day and Colleagues
Prenatal Marijuana Exposure Predicts Marijuana Use in Young Adulthood Sonon KE, Richardson GA, Cornelius JR, Kim KH and Day NL Neurotoxicology Teratology 47:10-15, 2015 Among US males and females 18 to 25 years of age, 52% have used marijuana, 32% have used marijuana within the past year, and 19% have used marijuana in the past month. Marijuana use peaks in the early 20s, and this time period coincides with the...
Hot Publication - Effects of Prenatal Cocaine Use
Adolescent Initiation of Drug Use: Effects of Prenatal Cocaine Exposure , Richardson, GA, Larkby, C, Goldschmidt, L, Day, NL Very few studies have focused on the effects that drug exposure during pregnancy may have on subsequent drug use in the offspring. In a study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry , Dr. Richardson and colleagues in the Department of Psychiatry...