Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ladouceur CD. Neural systems supporting cognitive affective interactions in adolescence: the role of puberty and implications for affective disorders. Frontiers of Integrative Neuroscience. 2012 6(65):1-11. doi:10.3389/fnint.2012.00065. PMID: 22969712
- Kerestes, R, Segreti, AM, Pan, LA, Phillips, ML, Birmaher, B, Brent, DA, Ladouceur, CD. Altered neural function to happy faces in adolescents with and at risk for depression. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2016 1(192):143-152. PMID: 26724693
- Ladouceur CD, Silk JS, Dahl RE, Kronhaus D, Ostapenko L, Phillips ML. Fearful faces influence attentional control processes in anxious youth and adults. Emotion. 2009 9(6):855-864. PMID: 20001128
- Ladouceur CD, Dahl RE, Carter CS. Development of action monitoring through adolescence into adulthood: ERP and source localization. Developmental Science. 2007 10(6):874-891. PMID: 17973802
- Ladouceur CD, Dahl RE, Birmaher B, Williamson DE, Ryan ND, Casey BJ. Altered emotional processing in pediatric anxiety, depression, and comorbid anxiety-depression. Journal of Child Abnormal Psychology. 2005 33(2):165-177. PMID: 15839495
Phillips and Colleagues Find New Risk Marker of Bipolar Disorder in Most Comprehensive Neuroimaging Study of High-Risk Children to Date
Mary Phillips, MD, MD (CANTAB), left, pictured with the publication's lead author, Heather Acuff. Bipolar disorder (BD), formerly known as manic depression, is a serious mental illness characterized by extreme changes in mood and energy levels that cycle between mania and depression. BD is highly heritable, so children of individuals with BD have an increased risk of also developing the disorder, which often first...
Findings by Dr. Cecile Ladouceur et al. Indicate that Error-Related Negativity (ERN) Amplitude in Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Remains Elevated Following Treatment
Pediatric anxiety disorders begin in childhood or early adolescence and frequently lead to other psychiatric disorders in adulthood, including anxiety disorders and depression. Anxiety disorders are associated with an overactive action monitoring system, as indexed by a larger event-related potential named the error-related negativity (ERN). This leads researchers to hypothesize that it could represent a potential...
Hot Publication - Price et al.
From Anxious Youth to Depressed Adolescents: Prospective Prediction of 2-Year Depression Symptoms via Attentional Bias Measures Price RB, Rosen D, Siegle GJ, Ladouceur CD, Tang K, Allen KB, Ryan ND, Dahl RE, Forbes EE and Silk JS. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 2015, Published Online Anxious youth are at heightened risk for subsequent development of depression. However, little is known regarding which anxious...
Cecile Ladouceur, PhD Promoted to Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Congratulations to Cecile Ladouceur, PhD on her promotion to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Ladouceur is a nationally recognized expert in adolescent neurodevelopmental processes and affective disorders. She is also a gifted teacher and mentor who continues to positively impact the academic careers of students, trainees and junior faculty members. A graduate of the University of Quebec in...