Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Harty, S.C., Gnagy, E.M., Pelham, W.E., & Molina, B.S.G. (2017). Anger-irritability as a mediator of ADHD risk for adolescent alcohol use and the contribution of coping skills. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 58(5), 555-563.
- Lisdahl, K.M., Tamm, L., Epstein, J.N., Jernigan, T., Molina, B., Hinshaw, S.P., Swanson, J.M., Newman, E., Kelly, C., Bjork, J. & MTA Neuroimaging Group. (2016). The impact of ADHD persistence, recent cannabis use, and age of regular cannabis use onset on subcortical volume and cortical thickness in young adults. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 161, 135-146.
- Pedersen, S.L., Walther, C.A.P., Harty, S.C., Gnagy, E.M., Pelham, W.E., Molina, B.S.G. (2016). The indirect effects of childhood ADHD on alcohol problems in adulthood through unique facets of impulsivity. Addiction, 111(9), 1582-1589.
- Howard, A.L., Molina, B S.G., Swanson, J.M., Hinshaw, S.P., Belendiuk, K.A., Harty, S.C., Arnold, L.E., Abikoff, H.B., Hechtman, L., Stehli, A., Greenhill, L.L., Newcorn, J.H., & Wigal, T. (2015). Developmental progression to early adult binge drinking and marijuana use from worsening versus stable trajectories of adolescent ADHD and delinquency. Addiction, 110(5), 784-795.
- Molina, B.S.G., Walther, C.A.P., Cheong, J., Pedersen, S., Gnagy, E.M., & Pelham, W.E. (2014). Heavy alcohol use in early adulthood as a function of childhood ADHD: Developmentally-specific mediation by social impairment and delinquency. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 22 (2), 110-121
2017 UPPDA Awards
Congratulations to Brooke Molina, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Pediatrics, and Gabriela Alarcon, PhD, a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Psychiatry, on their receipt of awards from the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association (UPPDA) at its annual Data & Dine Symposium. The annual event features a poster session and a dinner honoring postdoctoral associates and scholars, facult...
Hot Publication - Molina & Colleagues
Change Over Time in Adolescent and Friend Alcohol Use: Differential Associations for Youth With and Without Childhood Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Belendiuk KA, Pedersen SL, King KM, Pelham WE and Molina BS Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 2015, Published Online Individuals with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are at increased risk for experiencing alcohol-related problems by ad...
Hot Publication - Molina et al.
Adolescent Substance Use in the Multimodal Treatment Study of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) as a Function of Childhood ADHD, Random Assignment to Childhood Treatments, and Subsequent Medication Molina BSG, Hinshaw SP, Arnold LE, Swanson JM, Pelham WE, Hechtman L, Hoza B, Epstein JN, Wigal T, Abikoff HB, Greenhill LL, Jensen PS, Wells KC, Vitiello B, Gibbons RD, Howard A, Houck PR, Hur K, Lu B, Mar...
Brooke Molina, PhD
Brooke Molina, PhD Promoted to the Rank of Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Congratulations to Dr. Brooke Molina on her promotion in November 2011 to the rank of Professor of Psychiatry with tenure at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Molina?s research interests encompass the etiology, course, and treatment of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADH...