Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Hasler BP, Allen JJB, Sbarra DA, Bootzin RR, Bernert RA. Morningness-eveningness and depression: Preliminary evidence for the role of BAS and positive affect. Psychiatry Research, 176, 166-173, 2010. PMCID: PMC2844473
- Hasler BP, Buysse DJ, Kupfer DJ, Germain A. Phase relationships between core body temperature, melatonin, and sleep are associated with depression severity: Further evidence for circadian misalignment in non-seasonal depression. Psychiatry Research, 178(1), 205-207, 2010. PMCID: PMC2914120.
- Hasler BP, Clark DB. Circadian misalignment, reward functioning, and adolescent alcohol involvement. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 37(4), 558-565, 2013. PMCID: PMC3843484
- Hasler BP, Sitnick SL, Shaw DS, Forbes EE. An altered neural response to reward may contribute to alcohol problems among late adolescents with an evening chronotype. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 214, 357-364, 2013. PMCID: PMC3852171
- Hasler BP, Franzen PL, de Zambotti M, Prouty D, Brown SA, Tapert SF, Pfefferbaum A, Pohl KM, Sullivan EV, DeBellis MD, Nagel BJ, Colrain IM, Baker FC, Clark DB. Eveningness and later sleep timing are associated with greater risk for alcohol and marijuana involvement: Initial findings from the NCANDA study. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 41, 1154-1165, 2017.
Brant Hasler, PhD Recognized for Outstanding Mentorship with Philip Troen, MD Excellence in Medical Student Research Mentoring Award Dr. Brant Hasler, a researcher in the Department of Psychiatry?s Sleep Medicine Program, has been presented with the Philip Troen, MD, Excellence in Medical Student Research Mentoring Award. This award is presented to a Scholarly Research Project mentor of a graduating University of P...
Hot Publication - Buysse & Colleagues
Sleep-Wake differences in relative regional cerebral metabolic rate for glucose among patients with insomnia compared with good sleepers Kay DB, Karim HT, Soehner AM, Hasler BP, Wilckens KA, James JA, Aizenstein HJ, Price JC, Rosario BL, Kupfer DJ, Germain A, Hall MH, Franzen PL, Nofzinger EA and Buysse DJ SLEEP 2016;39:1779-1794 The neurobiological mechanisms of insomnia may involve altered patterns of activation...
Hot Publication - Frank et al.
An Integrated Risk Reduction Intervention Can Reduce Body Mass Index in Individuals Being Treated for Bipolar I Disorder: Results from a Randomized Trial Frank E, Wallace ML, Hall M, Hasler B, Levenson JC, Janney CA, Soreca I, Fleming MC, Buttenfield J, Ritchey FC and Kupfer DJ Bipolar Disorders, Published online December 12, 2014 Bipolar disorder is a chronic disease that is associated with a potentially devastati...
Brant Hasler, PhD
Brant Hasler, PhD Appointed to Department Faculty Please join us in congratulating Brant Hasler, PhD, on his appointment to the Department of Psychiatry faculty as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Hasler obtained his PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Arizona and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Translational Research Training in Sleep Medicine Program at the University of Pittsbur...