Barbara Baumann, PhD
Research Instructor in Psychiatry
3811 O'Hara St.
Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh Clinical and Developmental Psychology
University of Illinois at Chicago, Institute of Juvenile ResearchClinical Psychology
University of PittsburghChild and Adolescent Psychiatry
Licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Psychology
Member, American Psychological Association
Committee Member, National Partnership to End Interpersonal Violence
Member, Greater Pittsburgh Psychological Association
Evidence-based practice implementationSelected Research Publications & Products
- Herschell, AD, Kolko, DJ, Baumann, BL, Brown, EJ. Application of Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy to School Settings. J Applied School Psych. 2012: 28: 270-293.
- Kolko DJ, Baumann BL, Herschell, AD, Hart, JA, Holden, EA, Wisniewski, SR. Implementation of AF-CBT by community practitioners serving child welfare and mental health: A randomized trial. Child Maltreat. 2012; 17: 32-46.
- Herschell, AD, Kolko, DJ, Baumann, BL, Davis, AC. The role of therapist training in the implementation of psychosocial treatments: A review and critique with recommendations. Clin Psych Rev. 2010; 30: 448-466.
- Kolko DJ, Cohen JA, Mannarino AP, Baumann BL, Knudsen K. Community treatment of child sexual abuse: A survey of practitioners in the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2009; 36: 37-49.
- Baumann, BL, Kolko, DJ, Collins, K, Herschell, AD. Understanding practitioners characteristics and perspectives prior to the dissemination of an evidence-based intervention. Child Abuse & Neglect, 2006; 30: 771-787.
Child physical abuse; Child and parent aggression; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)Selected Clinical Publications & Products
- 2.Kolko, DJ, Brown, EJ, Shaver, ME, Baumann, BL, Herschell, AD. Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT) Session Guide, third edition. November 1, 2011. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- 4.Baumann, BL, Sturm, R, Hathaway, A, Fitzgerald, M, Degro-Carbonel, R, Potter, L, Pease, M, Marinucci, K, Eccles, L, and Kolko, DJ. Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT) Foster Care Supplement. Summer, 2013. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Baumann, BL. Alternatives for Professionals: Focused Skill Building Training Guide, 2012.
Transferring knowledge from research to community; Medical student and resident education; Adult learning