Education & Training
- Manelis A, Reder LM. He who is well prepared has half won the battle: an FMRI study of task preparation. Cereb Cortex. 2015 Mar;25(3):726-35. PubMed PMID: 24092642; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4318533.
- Manelis A, Reder LM. Effective connectivity among the working memory regions during preparation for and during performance of the n-back task. Front Hum Neurosci. 2014 Aug 5;8:593. PubMed PMID: 25140143; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4122182.
- Manelis A, Reder LM. Procedural learning and associative memory mechanisms contribute to contextual cueing: Evidence from fMRI and eye-tracking. Learn Mem. 2012 Oct 16;19(11):527-34. PubMed PMID: 23073642; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3475156.
- Manelis A, Reder LM, Hanson SJ. Dynamic changes in the medial temporal lobe during incidental learning of object-location associations. Cereb Cortex. 2012 Apr;22(4):828-37. PubMed PMID: 21709179; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3450922.
- Manelis A, Hanson C, Hanson SJ. Implicit memory for object locations depends on reactivation of encoding-related brain regions. Hum Brain Mapp. 2011 Jan;32(1):32-50. PubMed PMID: 21157878; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3065329.
- Manelis A, Almeida JR, Stiffler R, Lockovich JC, Aslam HA, Phillips ML. Anticipation-related brain connectivity in bipolar and unipolar depression: a graph theory approach. Brain. 2016 Sep;139(Pt 9):2554-66. PubMed PMID: 27368345; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4995358.
- Manelis A, Ladouceur CD, Graur S, Monk K, Bonar LK, Hickey MB, Dwojak AC, Axelson D, Goldstein BI, Goldstein TR, Bebko G, Bertocci MA, Gill MK, Birmaher B, Phillips ML. Altered functioning of reward circuitry in youth offspring of parents with bipolar disorder. Psychol Med. 2016 Jan;46(1):197-208. PubMed PMID: 26373895; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4674341.
- Manelis A, Ladouceur CD, Graur S, Monk K, Bonar LK, Hickey MB, Dwojak AC, Axelson D, Goldstein BI, Goldstein TR, Bebko G, Bertocci MA, Hafeman DM, Gill MK, Birmaher B, Phillips ML. Altered amygdala-prefrontal response to facial emotion in offspring of parents with bipolar disorder. Brain. 2015 Sep;138(Pt 9):2777-90. PubMed PMID: 26112339; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4643621.
Phillips and Colleagues Find New Risk Marker of Bipolar Disorder in Most Comprehensive Neuroimaging Study of High-Risk Children to Date
Mary Phillips, MD, MD (CANTAB), left, pictured with the publication's lead author, Heather Acuff. Bipolar disorder (BD), formerly known as manic depression, is a serious mental illness characterized by extreme changes in mood and energy levels that cycle between mania and depression. BD is highly heritable, so children of individuals with BD have an increased risk of also developing the disorder, which often first...
Hot Publication - Manelis et al.
Altered Functioning of Reward Circuitry in Youth Offspring of Parents with Bipolar Disorder Manelis A, Ladouceur CD, Graur S, Monk K, Bonar LK, Hickey MB, Dwojak AC, Axelson D, Goldstein B, Goldstein TR, Bebko G, Bertocci MA, Gill MK, Birmaher B and Phillips ML. Psychological Medicine, 46:197-208, 2016 Offspring of parents with bipolar disorder (BDO) are at higher risk of bipolar disorder than offspring of parents...
Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Anna Manelis, PhD to the Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce the appointment of Anna Manelis, PhD to its faculty as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. After earning a PhD in Psychology from Rutgers University in 2009, Dr. Manelis obtained postdoctoral training in cognitive neuroscience at Carnegie Mellon University. In 2013 Dr. Manelis joined the University of Pittsburgh's Clinical and Translational Affective...