Education & Training
- Hipwell, A.E., Stepp, S., Moses-Kolko, E., Xiong, S., Paul, E., Merrick, N. McClelland, S., Verble, D. & Keenan, K. (2016). Predicting adolescent postpartum caregiving from trajectories of depression and anxiety prior to childbirth: a 5-year prospective study. Arch Womens Ment Health, 19, 871-882. PMID: 26971266.
- Moses-Kolko, E. & Hipwell, A.E. (2016). First-onset postpartum psychiatric disorders portend high 1-year unnatural-cause mortality risk. Am J Psych, 173, 559-561. PMID: 27245187.
- Hipwell, A.E. Murray, J., Xiong, S., Stepp, S. & Keenan, K. (2016). Effects of Adolescent Childbearing on Maternal Psychopathology and Substance Use: A Prospective, Population-Based Study Using Risk-Set Propensity Scores. PLoS One, 11, e0155641. PMID:27176826
- Keenan, K. & Hipwell, A.E. (2015). Modulation of prenatal stress via fatty acid supplementation: Implications for child mental health. Nutr Rev, 73, 166-174. PMID: 26024539.
- Hipwell, A.E., Guo, C., Phillips, M., Swain, J. & Moses-Kolko, E. (2015). Right frontoinsular cortex and subcortical activity to infant cry is associated with maternal mental state talk. J Neurosci, 35, 12725-12732. PMID: 26377462.
NIH ECHO Grant
The National Institutes of Health has awarded a grant of up to $14 million to a research team co-led by Dr. Alison Hipwell to study the preconception effects of stress on childhood development. The grant is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) initiative, which has awarded $157 million in NIH grants to support dozens of longitudinal, cohort studies...
Hot Publication - Lindhiem et al.
Beyond Symptom Counts for Diagnosing Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder Lindhiem O, Bennett CB, Hipwell AE and Pardini DA Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, Published Online Conduct Disorder (CD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) are among the most commonly diagnosed childhood behavioral health disorders. Although there is substantial evidence of heterogeneity of symptom presentations, DSM...
Department Announces Academic Promotions
Please join us in congratulating the following faculty on their promotion to the following academic ranks: Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD Conferral of tenure at the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Bioengineering Anne Germain, PhD Promotion to Associate Professor of Psychiatry Peter Gianaros, PhD Promotion to Associate Professor of Psychiatry Alison Hipwell, PhD Promotion to Associate Professor of...