Education & Training
- Hipwell, A.E., Stepp, S., Moses-Kolko, E., Xiong, S., Paul, E., Merrick, N. McClelland, S., Verble, D. & Keenan, K. (2016). Predicting adolescent postpartum caregiving from trajectories of depression and anxiety prior to childbirth: a 5-year prospective study. Arch Womens Ment Health, 19, 871-882. PMID: 26971266.
- Moses-Kolko, E. & Hipwell, A.E. (2016). First-onset postpartum psychiatric disorders portend high 1-year unnatural-cause mortality risk. Am J Psych, 173, 559-561. PMID: 27245187.
- Hipwell, A.E. Murray, J., Xiong, S., Stepp, S. & Keenan, K. (2016). Effects of Adolescent Childbearing on Maternal Psychopathology and Substance Use: A Prospective, Population-Based Study Using Risk-Set Propensity Scores. PLoS One, 11, e0155641. PMID:27176826
- Keenan, K. & Hipwell, A.E. (2015). Modulation of prenatal stress via fatty acid supplementation: Implications for child mental health. Nutr Rev, 73, 166-174. PMID: 26024539.
- Hipwell, A.E., Guo, C., Phillips, M., Swain, J. & Moses-Kolko, E. (2015). Right frontoinsular cortex and subcortical activity to infant cry is associated with maternal mental state talk. J Neurosci, 35, 12725-12732. PMID: 26377462.
NIH ECHO Grant
The National Institutes of Health has awarded a grant of up to $14 million to a research team co-led by Dr. Alison Hipwell to study the preconception effects of stress on childhood development. The grant is part of the NIH?s Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) initiative, which has awarded $157 million in NIH grants to support dozens of longitudinal, cohort studies of mothers and their children...